Emily Martin lives and writes in the Greater Boston area, though she will always call Michigan home. She has a penchant for impromptu dance parties, vintage clothing, and traveling to new places. When not writing, she can be found hiking New England’s peaks, searching for the perfect cup of hot chocolate, or baking something pumpkin-flavored.
Emily’s debut young adult novel, THE YEAR WE FELL APART, is out now from S&S/Simon Pulse.
Her work is represented by Lara Perkins of Andrea Brown Literary.
Five Fun Facts About Emily!
- I have a goldendoodle named Tilly (or Lady Matilda, if we’re feeling fancy).
- In college, I spent a semester living in Clermont-Ferrand, France, and became addicted to pain au chocolat aux amandes (aka the greatest pastry ever).
- I have a Master of Environmental Management from Duke University, and if you do not recycle, we cannot be friends.
- An orthodontist once told me my teeth are three times the standard deviation, according to a University of Michigan study. So… basically, I have huge teeth. (The better to eat pain au chocolat with, my dear.)
- Seeing sunlight sparkle on water is my favorite thing ever.